Information for non-EU students with residency abroad
To enter Italy, non-EU students shall apply for an entry visa for study purposes. The pre-enrolment procedure is a mandatory process to admission of degree programmes. It is for non-EU students with residency abroad who wish to enrol in a degree programme at the University of Naples Federico II.
Do you need an entry visa?
Before the matriculation, you must pre-enrol online via the Universitaly portal.
In order to comply with Italian ministerial regulations you must obtain the visa by 30 November 2022.
PART 1- Registration
- Register on the UNIVERSITALY portal.
- Complete your registration inserting a password.
- On UNIVERSITALY’s homepage, click on the window INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS + PRE-ENROL NOW and start the pre-enrolment process.
PART 2 – Pre-enrolment
This second part of the process is subdivided in 3 steps:
STEP A: Completion of personal data
Insert your personal data, home address, and personal contacts. Please indicate your data exactly as appears on your passport;
Italian tax code field can be left empty in pre-enrolment procedure. However, it is required to matriculate to the University of Naples Federico II. Before matriculation, do not forget to obtain tax code from Agenzia della Entrate or from an Italian embassy.
STEP B: Completion of the details of:
- the Embassy or Consulate in which you will submit the study visa request,
- the academic course you’ve been admitted on;
STEP C: Upload of the academic documents required.
Upload your academic qualifications on the portal.
Are you joining us on an undergraduate degree?
- mark sheets/transcripts of the final year;
- high school diploma, if available;
- DoV or Cimea statement of comparability,
- Language certificates if required
Are you joining us on a 2-year MSc (“laurea magistrale”)?
- Transcript of Records (ToR) with a detailed description of the courses attended and the exams passed to obtain the final degree;
- Final degree certificate;
- Detailed description of the course programs taken;
- Additional qualifications (language certificates, motivation letter, letter of recommendation…);
- Pre-acceptance letter issued from the Coordinator of the Course (you have to submit your academic documents to the Coordinator of the Course you wish to apply for, to find out if you meet the requirements to enrol)
- DoV or Cimea statement of comparability
After clicking on SUMMARY, verify that your pre-enrolment application is complete and proceed with SUBMIT.
The pre-enrolment application will be verified by the University of Naples and forwarded to the Embassy / Consulate you have specified.
- pre-enrolment alone does not grant admission to degree programmes. In order to matriculate you also need to take and pass the verifications of the entry requirements and the admission procedures set for the degree programme of your interest.
- (for 2-year MSc applicants only). It is warmly recommended to obtain the aforementioned Pre-acceptance letter before you start the pre-enrolment procedure.
PART 3 – Matriculation
After having successfully passed the verification of the entry requirements and/or admission test (where required), you will matriculate at the student office of your Department.
Find out more on